Thursday, October 26, 2017

Haro Master Freestyler (Repo? you tell me! )

This is the Haro Master Freestyler, which I bought while I was shopping for vintage parts in one old bike shop. As I was waiting for the owner to retrieve the parts which I have ordered, the FRAME caught my eye. It was stored among other bikes in the back of the shop.
 I have always hankered over the thought of owning one after selling off the rest of my BMX collection. I was scanning through the web on what other iconic BMX worth collecting and Haro Master stood out among the rest. It's the design of the frame. I love the way all the parts thrown in to make the bike so iconic. A legend on it's own merit.

 Someone told me that this is a replica. Well, I'm not too sure. But even if it's a replica, I guessed the level of copying is high as you can see from the pictures. Given it's age, the bike is still go to good.

 With some elbow grease, the shine will emerge, albeit not at good as original. Some surface rust did present.
 The original bike doesn't come with meg rims. I got these rims years ago. The rear rim is Made in Taiwan while the from rim is made in Russia,...yes. You read it correct.


 Added some NOS parts...


 Got this Odyssey Gyro on Carousel. NOS.
 Fusion crank is one day one.

 After keeping for close to 2 years, I decided to let it go as I have run out of storage space (again...)
Put it up for sale and now it's in the hands of a proud owner. It was love at first sight for the buyer. Well, as for me, time to start hunting for the next 'BIG PROJECT'. ../


3 comments: