Monday, April 23, 2012

Modifiying the stem of my Alpinestar T26...Part 2


After trying out the T26 for some time, using it on different terrains, I find the riding position to be some what 'aggessive'. When going downhill, when you shift your weight back wards, the entire riding position feels kind of weird. Arms stretched. And when I hit a jump, my posture changes again to a pretty 'low' position. If readers don't understand what I'm saying, it's alright. You have to ride it to feel what I'm feeling.
Anyway, I'm pondering whether to change the low-profile stem to something more of upright. Atleast riding long distance will be more bearable. And this set off my hunt for the right stem.
But after trying for some time, I'm stuck. As you have noticed from the picture posted, the shaft from the fork, it's OD is 22.2mm and the ID is 16.5mm. I love to keep the CROMO fork. So changing it is out of the question. Using a quill stem, well, most are diameter 22.2mm. How? Clip ons? Any suggesstions?

2 comments:

  1. The same problem I am facing. It make my arms to hard that sometime It make to think quit from riding bike.
    ----------------------------
    Motorcycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Hero Maestro Edge for Handicapped

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete