Thursday, January 17, 2008

Raleigh Grifter


Raleigh Grifter, originally uploaded by the_meadows21.

Finally, after months of searching and doing some detective work in locating one, I managed to secure a rare Raleigh Grifter. Yes. Rare, in Singapore. You still can see a Raleigh Chopper once in a while, but a Grifter, once in a blue moon. Infact, I've never seen one. I guessed it's rarity is due to the fact that it's more popular cousin, the Chopper over shadows it's pressence. I happened to develop an interest in it when I stumbled onto a website on Grifters. When I was a kid, I've ridden a Chopper before but never heard of Grifters. For the uninitiated, a Grifter is also a 70s' bicycle. Take it as a distant cousin and ancestor of the BMX. Well, one thing's for sure. Those thin forks will definitely not withstand the abuse we so often use it on our BMX.

No comments:

Post a Comment