Sunday, September 12, 2010

Raleigh Chopper, 1977 MKII

Score this original Raleigh Chopper several months back. It was stripped down and stored and away as I've run out of storage. Finally managed to squeeze in some free time and decided to do it up. My intention is not to spent a bomb in the restoration. Just enough to make it road worthy, that's all.
End caps with the 'R'
These hooks, does it really helps in braking power?

Yes, without 'it', this bike is just another 'KRIS' or it is?
Luvs the handlebars..

"Sir, there's a rip on your a@#!"

SA 3 speed hubs, dated 77
The original bike's linkage was missing when I bought it from a LBS. So, no choice but to have it ordered from UK. Lucky for me, I have an aunt residing there and she's my main source for helping the get those darn "Made-in-England" spare parts.

The condition of the chrome on this bike is rather pitiful. The previous owner must have left to face the elements alone. There are plenty of pitting. Thus restoration work can really be a challenge and also costly. Given my tight budget, I decided to let it go.

Got this Sturmey Archer 3 speed stick shifter from a fellow collector in exchange for my original Kuwahara Owners Manual. It needed repair. The indicator's not working. Upon stripping it, i discovered that one of the tiny parts in connecting the moving armature was damaged. Well, guess it's time for some DIY. Atleast I got it working fine again...

Well, this is the last time I'm going to ride a Raleigh Chopper again as this one has since been sold to a local collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment